A sourcing event is used to get quotes from multiple suppliers for the same request. Items can be purchased for the best price by comparing different supplier quotes.
To create a sourcing event, a request is required with the status of pending, accepted or approved.
- From the Requests page, find a request with a pending, accepted or approved status and click it's View button.
- The request details page shows several buttons along the top of the page, click the New Sourcing Event button.
- The new sourcing event page shows details about the sourcing event including it's item lines, relevant addresses and notes to the supplier.
- Enter supplier names into the Send to: box to choose which suppliers will receive the sourcing event. It is possible to remove an item from the sourcing event by deselecting the tick-box beside the item line.
- Click the Submit button.
- See the new sourcing event on the Sourcing page with a status of Pending.
- The suppliers must now respond with their quote for the request or decline to quote. The sourcing event will then move to the Responded or Declined status.