You can create records that identify different geographical zones in which you sell products. A zone is a collection of countries, for example, those within the European Union.
Zones can be used to assign a group of countries that share a brand, and they can be combines with other zones and countries within geographical markets. You can also have different shipping service rates for different zones.
Customers browsing the online store can see the items that are available, depending on their own geographical location.
To add a new zone
- From the Product Details menu, click Zones.
- Click Add new zone.
- In Name, type the name of the zone.
- In Code, type a code for the zone.
- In Brand, choose the brand that applies to this zone.
- Click the Add Zone button.
To add countries to a zone
- On the Manage Zones form, locate the name of the zone you want to edit.
- Click the name of the zone to open the Modify Zone form.
- Under Countries mapped to this zone, choose the country to add from the drop-down list and click Add. If you need to remove one or more countries from the list, select the tick box alongside the country or countries and click Unassign Selected.
- To update the zone record, click Modify the Zone or Modify the Zone and Return.
The new zone will be added to the list on the Manage Zones form and will show the number of countries assigned.