Each item in your catalog has a default unit of measure. To be able to assign different units of measure for different items, you need to set up the unit details.
To add a unit of measure
- On the Product Details menu, click Units of Measure. The Units of Measure form appears.
- Click Add Unit of Measure. the Add Unit of Measure form appears.
- In Code, type a code that identifies the unit of measure, for example 'Kilo'.
- In Description, type a description to further explain the unit of measure.
- Click Add Unit of Measure.
Note: Once you've assigned a unit of measure to an item record, you cannot modify or delete the details.