You can expand the items available on offer to customers by linking to external catalogs from other suppliers.
To add an external catalog
- On the Product Details menu, click External Catalogs. The External Catalogs form appears.
- Click Add new External Catalog. The Add External Catalog form appears.
- In Name, type a name to identify the external catalog.
- In Supplier, choose the supplier from the drop-down list.
- Click Add External Catalog and Continue.
- Complete the details described in the table below.
- Click either Modify the External Catalog or Modify the External Catalog and return here button.
These fields are required *
|Name *||This is the name you gave to external catalog when you added it. You can change it here,|
|Description||Type a description for the external catalog.|
|Search Keywords||Enter one or more keywords that will help locate the catalog in searches. Separate keywords with commas.|
|Enabled?||Set this option to make the catalog active. If you clear this option, the external catalog will not be visible through the online shop.|
|Currency||Choose the currency that applies to the catalog.|
|Image 1||Click select image to upload or select an image to be associated with the catalog, such as a logo.|
|Image 2||Click select image to upload or select a second image to be associated with the catalog.|
|Type||Choose the type of catalog from the drop-down list.|
|Catalog End Point / URL||Enter the catalog end point or URL.|
|From Type||Enter the from type for the catalog.|
|From Id||Enter the from ID for the catalog.|
|Password||Type the password needed for access to the catalog.|
|To Type||Enter the to type for the catalog.|
|To Id||Enter the to Id for the catalog.|
|Open in New Window||Set this option if you want the external catalog to be displayed in a separate window.|
|Can Inspect?||Set this option if you want to make it possible for a customer to inspect the catalog.|
|Can Search Transparently?||Set this option if you want to make it possible for a customer to search the external catalog transparently.|