When you create a custom report, the structure of the report is based on a template. Templates determine the layout of a report, including fixed text and headings, images, such as logos, tables, boxes or other graphic elements. You can control font styles, paragraph formatting and alignment of content. For fields, you can specify the source data element variable that will be filled from the database, according to the query associated with the report design.
You'll find help on HTML placeholders and other content design features using the links on the template design form.
If you want a new report that's similar to an existing one, you can copy a template to use as the basis for a variation. Also, one template might be used on more than one report where different queries are assigned.
To add a report template
- On the Reports menu, click Templates. The Report Templates form appears.
- If you want to use an existing template, click the Copy link alongside the one you want to use.
- If you want to add a new template from scratch, click Add Report Template.
- Give the template a name and description and choose the connected query from the drop-down list.
- Use the WYSIWYG editor to create the design.